Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2011

To Make Lunch for Him

Do you make lunch for your husband before he goes to work?

My mom got up early and made lunch for my dad a lot of days, and I think she still does. I always pictured myself doing that for my husband, but I rarely do. Of course, his work schedule is weird...he works three days a week and actually takes two lunches each day because the shifts are so long and he's doing manual labor the whole time. He has never made me feel guilty or bad for not making his lunches...every once in a while he'll ask me to make the sandwiches or put together leftovers if he's rushed, but usually he just gets it all together for himself.

So, wives of working husbands...should I make lunch for him? Is it my wifely duty?

2 thoughts about this post:

Anonymous said...

I used to help John get stuff ready before he left for work. I would get his clothes together, make his coffee, and pack his lunch. I did it most nights, but he never expected me too. Now that he doesn't work I don't do it, but I wasn't working at the time that I was helping out more. I guess I felt since I had more free time it was something I could do to make things easier for him. Now we are both pretty busy, so we help each other out when we can. I don't think its your duty to make his lunch but a choice. I know John really appreciated it. I would even send little notes or treats every once in a while. Depends on your own schedule as well. Taking care of a baby can be quite time consuming. Good luck!

- Nicole

Carenzafamily said...

A wive's duty is to be a help-mate to her husband and thus to make her husband happy. If he asks you to make it, I think you should. But it seems he is happy with the situation the way it is. On occasion you should offer and make him a special lunch. You should also make sure his favorites are in the fridge to make his lunch with all the time.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts about my blog! I love to hear what people think regarding what I write about, and any tips or advice you have for me.