Pages

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

The Never-ending To-Do List

I usually like to-do lists. They keep me on track and I love that feeling of checking stuff off. The best part is when I look at the list and realize everything is done and I can have some relax time without feeling guilty!

Recently, however, I have developed a never-ending to-do list of things to be done before moving day. It is stuck up on the refrigerator, taunting me all day long. Half the time I add something to this list without checking anything off that day. I loathe this list. It makes me feel overwhelmed, unaccomplished, and guilty whenever I'm doing something that's not on the list.

I also have this terrible tendency to just not do anything if I feel like I can't do everything. I don't know why this is. I think it has connections with my tendency to not want to play games if I can't win, or answer questions I'm not 100% positive about, or try anything that I am pretty sure I'll fail at...ok, it's called pride.

Lord, in the middle of my overwhelmed, unaccomplished, guilty, prideful, worried and tired life, help me to remember to be still and know that You are God. You will not give me more than I can handle. Everything on my to-do list will eventually be done, and even if it's not the world will go on. Thank you for giving me peace beyond understanding and the strength to do what must be done. Thank You most of all that I do not need to do anything to receive grace and salvation from Jesus...He finished that list on the cross.

0 thoughts about this post:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts about my blog! I love to hear what people think regarding what I write about, and any tips or advice you have for me.