Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Let Me Be A Woman...in my spare time

I'm currently reading the book (in what little spare time I have from reading all the assigned books) Let Me Be A Woman, by Elisabeth Elliot. It's neat because it's written like a letter to her daughter right before her daughter got married. The chapters are short and it's easy to read...I always love her style of writing. I'm only on the 7th chapter though, so I'll have to let you know how it was when I finish it. It was lent to me in a timely manner, since I'm currently working on a research paper that is about whether or not feminism is Biblical. Hopefully it will not only help me to be more of the woman God made me to be, but also give me some insights on Elliot's interpretation of scriptures in this forever long debate about the role of women in the home and church.

I'll let you know how the research paper goes too.

2 thoughts about this post:

Hollie Jirak said...

I love Elisabeth Elliot. I'm sure you've read Passion & Purity? She is fabulous and so well written. By the way, nice lookin blog, Hannah :)

Anonymous said...

I read this book in college and loved it! I, too, am a fan of her writings.

amanda g.

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your thoughts about my blog! I love to hear what people think regarding what I write about, and any tips or advice you have for me.